Thursday, June 26, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

Do you cook meals at home?  If you are interested in cost savings, I hope the answer is yes!! When you look at the dinner table and break down each food item prepared, how much is your cost?

Sometimes our meals at home can get pretty pricey.  Unfortunately, the healthier the more costly.  Blah....I hate that, but we have to roll with it and embrace this mixed up world (on so many levels).

This is my game plan.  I like to stay between $5 and $7 per meal for a family of 4.  A splurge would be between $10 and $12.  How do you think you compare to this?  Think about it next time you are cooking your meal.

Here is an example of a quick and easy (and rated a 10 by my husband) meal.

CROCKPOT CHICKEN CACCIATORE

I used frozen chicken from Sams and one of my fav inexpensive buys (with sales and coupons) Kraft's Recipe.  Simply follow the directions.  It calls for bell peppers, but I didnt have any so I used onions instead.  Adding veggies is not completely necessary.  Since my chicken was frozen I cooked on low for about 6-7 hours.   













I paired it with squash that my co-worker was giving away for FREE at the office!!





I seasoned with salt and pepper and steamed with a bit of water and butter and my pampered chef steamer. BRILLIANT! No more steamer bags!





This meal was really really really good!! You can put it over pasta or low carb with no pasta. Adding squash or zuchinni takes care of the "filling" part of the pasta!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment