Monday, May 28, 2012

Shrimp Over Potatoes

Okay…so I have been out. of. control behind on blogging.  I have felt just a little bit guilty about it, but quickly realized that no one really notices.  My lazy and rebellious tendencies have taken over my kitchen duties lately.  I have become bitter against the responsibility and turned to mac and cheese and microwave popcorn as my sanctuary.  It’s strange that my family still seems happy and healthy.   Did I think we would wither into malnutritioned slobs?

I had become so obsessed with the balance of evening dinners that I was missing out on this kind of fun……..




My pedi assured me that RL can easily get the necessary nutrition that she needs without gourmet dinners every night.  Did you know that  a toddler only needs 600 calories a day and just 4 G of protein.  Hearing this info lifted a tremendous amout of pressure from my shoulders and replaced it with a fend for yourself type outlook (geared toward my husband not for my 17 month old J)

I still make an occasional weekday dinner for old times sakes such as……

Shrimp over roasted crushed potatoes.

I previously blogged about the shrimp and pots.  I added mushrooms and remoulade sauce.

My next venture will be once a week/month cooking for the freezer.  I have already marked it on my calendar and placed a reminder in my phone.  I am really going to try it out and see what happens. 


RL update:

We recently took a family vacation and had a great time…..







Our play focus lately has been pretend play…….we love to pretend cook and go grocery shopping (while waving and blowing kisses)



I have a confession to make.  The last two nights I have eaten an entire candy bar after 9:00 oclock at night.  It was delicious.  It was on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment